Materials for the Snow Hill Middle School library will be selected for use by both the students and faculty of the school. These materials will include formats that are print (books and periodicals), digital (databases, eBooks, software, etc.), audio, realia, and other formats as technology and needs advance. Priority will be given to materials that support the curricular needs of students and faculty; however, personal interest and community values will also be taken into account when selecting materials.
1. The media specialist will evaluate the needs of the school community.
2. The media specialist will evaluate the needs of the collection using Titlewave and BTSB collection analysis tools. This evaluation will include paying special attention to age sensitivity and quality of materials.
3. The media specialist will consult School Library Journal, Booklist, and student/faculty recommendations.
4. The media specialist will choose resources that meet these needs.
5. The resources will be prioritized and ordered based on budget resources.
Worcester County School Library Media Handbook